Location: Tamworth Ventura Retail Park
Describe your premises
- Retail Park Unit premises - edge of town
- Pharmacy and Retail, restaurants on retail park
- Capacity unknown
- Location and area- the end unit on a retail park, free customer park to the front of the store, delivery area and staff parking to the rear.
What type of terrorist attack is likely to occur at the premises?
- Cutting and Stabbing implements most likely.
Have you identified relevant workers who must receive terrorism protection training and ensured it is provided to them?
- 90 people identified for relevant worker
- security elearning required on boots elearning
- training records digital on boots elearning
- new joins requirement to complete on first day security training - concession staff read 3rd party document
Who will put the plan into action in the event of an incident? How is the plan and relevant information being communicated to workers at the premises?
- Store Manager Sue - and assistant managers in absence
- Removing themselves from the situation or putting themselves somewhere secure.
- no training in making critical decisions
Task 1 – Plan to warn people on the premises than an attack is taking place
- to staff via headsets, and to customers via tannoy - most staff know how to use it
- Dealing with an emergency please evacuate the area or lockdown whatever is appropriate
- Alarm system present, can be heard over background noise
Task 2 – Plan to lockdown your premises
- No existing lockdown procedure
- Can be locked automatic and manually from inside using keys, fobs, and security bars
- Most staff would be able put the bars and do the shutters, not all staff would be able to lock the front doors without training
- Not currently allowed to lockdown without permission - will be reviewed
- Secure areas in the backshop, and staff areas - reviewing magnetic release doors
- not currently trained to complete a full lockdown
- if lockdown occurs tell customers there is an emergency and we are locking the premises
- explain to people that an emergency procedure is in place, nobody can come in or late
Task 3 – Plan to evacuate the premises
- Evacuation plan is leave via the nearest exit and gather at a dedicated meeting point, dedicated marshals to evacuate and check premises
- Fire evacuations done routinely
- Potentially the alarm system, if not the use of the tannoy to communicate clearly
- Review neighbouring premise plans to ensure not conflicting
Task 4 - Plan to call the emergency services and relay the necessary information
- HO to offer direction on when to contact police
- no posters currently displayed
Task 5 – Use available first aid and fire safety equipment
- All first aid and fire equipment reviewed regularly and recording on myHub. First aider always present on premises - pharmacist
- No Public Access Trauma (PAcT) First Aid kit available - no training completed
Task 6 – Consider how you tell your neighbours or local network aware of your plan and alert them in an attack
- Speak to neighbouring stores and flag to head office that there is no formal group and there is a need for a group
This is the plan you created for Tamworth Ventura Retail Park – 02/02/2024. Once you have reviewed it, you should move on to step 4.
Return to plan builder